Monday, July 3, 2017

Day 2 is behind me...

After my first WWP Veteran interview with John, who was inspirational to say the least, and a quick pic in front of Fort Bragg, I rode 200 miles.  Long day but one of the best!  Please watch the attached vlog and visit soon to see the full interview with John.

John, his wife Vicky and his life coach James were kind enough to spend time with me at the WWP Fayetteville, NC office.  After 23 years of service, John suffered a brain injury which started severe PTSD.  After the first 1 1/2 years of staying in his house, John saw an ad for WWP and ask Vicky to call.  That was a life altering encounter.  WWP was able to help John change his life.  It was a honor to meet John and his wife Vicky.  I will remember our visit for the rest of my life.  John has come a long way to get where he is today, but he is a great example of courage and persistence.  John was kind enough to make me a few gifts and one of them is a wooden coin.  The coin is made from a baseball bat from OR (my destination) and the star from a retired American flag.  You will hear more about my interview with John later.

I also want to thank James, at such a young age his is making a difference in John's life.  And also thank him for his hospitality as he rode beside me until my departure from Fayetteville.  A motorcyclist's hospitality.

That all for now, I've got to ride!  If all goes well I will ride through the Smoky Mountains today....