Friday, August 4, 2017

Back to the REAL World...?



After being home for 5 days, my gear is unpacked and put away, I'm still nursing sore knees, the Steed has been unwrapped, minor repairs completed, and assimilation back to my normal life has begun. No more washing my clothes in a sink, brushing my teeth at a creek, waking up at 5AM to finish a vlog, checking over the Steed, lubing the chain, kicking the tires, eating my meals from a bag, packing the gear and feeling the fresh air on my face on a crisp morning.

Life changes fast. As of today, donations have stalled at $38,177. Although $38K is a hefty sum of money and I'm grateful for all the support, my goal is $50K. Our wounded heroes deserve it. Please send this to all of your friends and ask them to donate to www.crossingamericaondirt.com . 100% of the donation goes to Wounded Warrior Project. Next week I will post my final vlog of the trip.

Thank you for riding along with me on this trek across America and for all of the support. Helping our wounded heroes is an honor.

My Wanderlust is already kicking in, dreaming of the next adventure....Central America, South America, Africa....? In January I turn 50 years old...what is a suitable adventure for a half century birthday celebration?

Stay tuned...