Saturday, April 22, 2017

New Sponsor-Fasst Company

It is great to introduce the latest sponsor for the Ride Across America On Dirt.  Throughout this blog you've read about my concerns regarding the KTM 690's vibration.  It's no surprise, the bike is a HUGE single cylinder dirt bike with very little road acumen.  This bike is built for the dirt and small stretches of pavement.  In order to create such a large displacement motor to handle longer rides at higher speeds, with gear, for long periods of time, it generates a lot of vibration.   Several of the modifications to date are focused on taking some of that vibration off of my body.  5,000 miles is a long way to ride on a single cylinder bike.  I'm not the first person to do it, nor will I be the last, but when the ride is over, I go back to work behind a desk.  The last thing I want is to have numb hands, arms and feet for the rest of my life.

Fasst Company is a Utah based company, located near St. George.  They build products that make the ride more enjoyable.  Their Flexxbar handlebar, Impact Adventure Peg are built to take the vibration and impact out of your arms and legs allowing me to ride longer and faster.  Fasst Company's products will enable me to enjoy the ride, explore more miles and keep the fillings in my teeth.

Fasst Company has been working with me since December to dial in the right products for my ride. Jason Parsons and the Fasst Company Team have been great to work with....  In February I visited their shop, met Jason and the Team, which includes the company dog.  It was impressive to see their products, assembly and R&D.  Fasst Company has some VERY cool products in development.

Thank you Faast Company, and especially Jason Parsons for his help.  Jason is the Athlete Manager and Ergomonic Expert at Fasst Company.

Once I get the steering stabilizer installed, I will do a full ride report on the Fasst Company products.  This is by far the best modification to date to help reduce my fatigue.  My wife keeps reminding me that I'm not getting any younger!

Flexxbar

Impact Adventure Peg

Handguard