Sunday, November 13, 2016

A BIG thank you and the initial parts list

Hello.  Sorry for the delay in posts, this past week I was traveling on business.  I want to thank Susan Richards and Sue Pyles for their creativity with the new site and creating all the links.  It looks awesome.  Susan and Sue will be with me the entire time during this adventure, well not on the ride but they will insure the social media is up and running.  I couldn't do all of this without them. HUGE thank you!

It was exciting seeing the Facebook announcement regarding the trip on Mesa Moving & Storage's page.  In addition to donations to support Wounded Warrior Project, I want to raise awareness of how they benefit those who serve our great Country.  Please pass this blog around, the more the merrier.  Soon we will launch a Facebook page to help get the word out.

The planning is in high gear right now.  I'm finalizing the route, fuel, camping spots, etc.  I've also started reaching out to in-kind sponsors to help with outfitting the Steed.  It needs a lot to be fully prepared for the adventure.  Below is a parts list to date needed to make this motorcycle a adventure Steed.  This is the beginning of a winter long outfitting project.



Black Dog Ultimate Skid Plate
Black Dog Platform Low Foot Pegs
I plan to use the Montana 680 GPS, purchased for the Baja ride.  Tire selection is important.  The terrain is mixed, so a higher mileage knobby tire is needed.